Monday, January 21, 2013

A Little Girl Waits

Almost a month ago, I posted about how God has called us to Moldova and I was unable to fully explain the full vision God has given us. After prayer, I have decided to reveal our priority calling - to adopt a little girl from Moldova.

Yes - some people may think we are crazy. We've been called that before. You know, with taking in teenage siblings and all... but we are only listening to what God is telling us. I don't expect everyone to understand, because not everyone understands my relationship with my God. This decision was not made lightly. It was frequently discussed between Jason and I, and have had much prayer over it. It is clear - we have a little girl waiting for us.

I never thought that WE would adopt. I always knew adoption was great and all but just never thought it was for us. So when God placed this on my heart, I knew it was from Him - and not something I just decided to come up with on my own. As Pastor Chuck shared about the sex trafficking in Moldova and how girls are aged out of orphanages, my heart just ached. The title of his sermon "Make Room for God's Presents" (God's gift of children) resonated with my heart. God said "Save her. Make room for her. This is what I have called you to. This is my plan for you, and I'm sorry that Jordyn had to come to me in order for you to realize your calling." I know that God is not replacing Jordyn, but instead is using her to lead us down a path he ALREADY had in mind for us. I burst into tears during service as I was overwhelmed with emotion. The orphan girls of Moldova hit home for us because after they are sold into sex slavery, they are sent to Istanbul, Turkey. Jason grew up in Turkey, this was his home so it breaks our heart that girls are sent there for this reason.

We are excited about this huge change in our lives. Mariah and Chad are supportive and excited. We plan to adopt a 2 year old girl so Jocelyn will have a sister close in age. We pray that the rest of our family is supportive of our decision and will accept our little girl as family - because that's exactly what she is... family. I had a "step-father" who never called me his step-daughter. He always claimed me as his own and I've loved him as my dad. I know that you don't need blood to be family.

In the future, we will be coming up with some fundraisers to help raise money to bring our daughter home. Some of these might include a tamale fundraiser, a bake sale, car wash, a silent auction, etc. Please keep a watch out for these fundraisers and prayerfully consider participating to help support our adoption.

What is even more awesome about our story, is that a dear friend of mine has the same calling at the same time. Darin & Christina Burrell have been on an adoption journey for nearly two years and now feel called to Moldova. Please take a moment to read their amazing story at http://www.emmacharity.blogspot.com.  We are excited to bring home our girls and that we will likely be linked for life, as our girls will have a special bond, and friendship coming from the same country.

What does this mean for the Moldova Mission Trip?

If God provides the funds for our mission trip, we are most definitely going, however our priority is bringing our daughter home. All fundraising efforts will be directed towards our adoption fund first, and then will attempt to raise money for Moldova missions. If God does not provide for us for this summer's mission trip, I know we will have an opportunity in the future to serve in our daughter's country.

Please keep our family in your prayers as we start the adoption process. Also pray for protection over our precious little one until Mommy and Daddy bring her home.

Romans 8:28 "And we know in all things God works for the good of those who love him, and have been called according to his purpose."


1 comment:

SavannahsSmiles said...

Love you dear friend and so excited to share this journey with you!

Post a Comment